Congratulations if you are an Edina MN homeowner in a new neighborhood! Hopefully your years of saving up for a down payment, getting your credit rating up for a mortgage, and shopping for the right home has all paid off in terms of finding the best place for you and your family to call home for years to come.
While most of your work is over and you now have a place to rest, relax, and enjoy life, every home does need its own love and attention. This happens both inside and out, and some of the tasks are less pleasant than others, even while still critical. Having professionals, like Gutter Maids – MN Gutter Cleaning, handle them makes your life easier, so keep reading for 5 tips you can use in choosing a gutter cleaning company.
1) Don’t throw away all your junk mail: Some snail mail marketers know when an address changes hands and sends out new homeowner specials and coupons. Keep an eye out for these and any other fliers. It only takes seconds to flip through them, and you never know when you’ll find a great deal. Many reputable gutter cleaning companies have specials for first-time customers, and if there’s enough such businesses in the area, you’ll have the chance to be a first timer quite a few times.
2) Flip through the Sunday paper: Your Sunday paper is hands down the best place for coupons and specials, page for page. Even if you don’t find something about cleaning gutters, though you likely will, you’ll get more than enough coupons to use at the grocery store to pay for the paper and then some. The paper itself might have ads within its pages for good options to look at.
3) Don’t believe everything you read online: You’ll of course look online for options. Do look at customer reviews and feedback, but only trust it from sources you trust. Some sites are pumped up with paid testimonials and fake rankings.
4) Look for fliers at home improvement and hardware stores: These stores often have advertising spaces or bulletin boards near the doors. Gutter cleaning companies trying to just get started might promote themselves here. They are often very affordable and eager to please.
5) Talk to your neighbors: You’ll probably be driving through your neighborhood several times a day as you leave and come home. Keep an eye out for the vans or trucks of any gutter cleaning companies that any of your neighbors use. Should you have a chance to strike up conversation with them later, ask them how they did. When you bump into other neighbors, ask who they would recommend.
Failing to have your gutters cleaned doesn’t just make your home look unsightly and agitate neighbors. The erratic water streams that result can make for dangerous entryways, risk mold and water damage from the basement to the roof, and even risk cracked foundations and soil deterioration in your yard. Use these 5 tips in choosing a gutter cleaning company to keep your rooftop waterways clear of debris so the runoff flows out as smoothly as it should.